We Are Recruiting for a Sales Assistant Salary
- Minimum Wage - 40 Hours/Week + Weekend
We are looking for a self-starting, organised and motivated sales assistant for a fast-paced retail operation based in S70, Birdwell Barnsley.
This is for the BHO Hardware arm of the business. Your role will be to serve customers as they come into the shop and ensure that all deliveries are brought into the building and stored appropriately, ensuring a high level of housekeeping and stock availability at all times.
You will be part of a small team in a fast moving environment. This role involves a lot of physical work and is demanding. Full driving license and previous horticultural experience is desired but not necessary. All necessary workplace training will be given.
The Ideal Person Would:
• Be excited about the challenge of a varied and fast-paced job
• Be flexible, supportive and always ready to go the extra mile
• Be willing to learn about how to use the equipment we sell in order to advise customers
• Maintain excellent time keeping Experience of working in a retail environment is essential, preferably within a high volume, fast paced business
The Role Involves:
• Accurately picking, packing and checking customer orders
• Processing customer orders through the Point Of Sale system and taking payment
• Advising customers both about the equipment we sell and on popular growing techniques (after being given training from the sales team)
• Testing and processing customer returns
• Upselling and advising add on products to customers
• Assisting the warehouse team when necessary.
• Carrying out routine stock inspections and always working with a focus on stock accuracy.
• Cleaning and maintaining the shop area will also